Bomb explode under minibus killing five civilians
A ROADSIDE bomb has ripped through a minibus in the central Afghan province of Wardak, killing five civilians, an official said.
“A mine planted by the enemies of Afghanistan detonated under a civilian minibus. Five civilians including women and children have been killed. Two others are injured,” said provincial government spokesman Sahidullah Shahid today.
Four other passengers survived the explosion in the restive province’s Sayed Abad district, he said.
The blast came a day after another roadside bomb killed five people in northern Afghanistan and a week after twin suicide bombings killed 23 people in the south.
Taliban insurgents regularly use improvised roadside bombs to target Afghan and Western military forces, but they often kill civilians who use the same roads.
For the past five years the number of civilians killed in the war has risen steadily, reaching a record 3021 in 2011 – the vast majority caused by insurgents, the United Nations said.
The phrase “enemies of Afghanistan” is used by Afghan officials to refer to the Taliban, which is still fighting a bitter insurgency more than a decade after being toppled from power by the 2001 US-led invasion.
- Gucci Mane — Pleads NOT GUILTY to Assault Charges
- 1st Night US Release CLIP #1 (2013) – Sarah Brightman, Richard E. Grant Movie HD
- The Guillotines US Release TRAILER 1 (2013) – Action Movie HD
- Captain Phillips TRAILER 1 (2013) – Tom Hanks Somali Pirate Movie HD
- Populaire US Release TRAILER 1 (2013) – Bérénice Bejo Movie HD
- The Grandmaster US Release TEASER TRAILER 1 (2013) – IP Man Movie HD
- Joe Bogdanovich Talks Khago, Downsound, State Of Dancehall
- 1st Night US Release TRAILER 1 (2013) – Sarah Brightman, Richard E. Grant Movie HD
- Jay-Z and Beyonce — Blasted for ‘Ignorant & Insulting’ Cuban Vacation
- TMZ Live: Jay-Z & Beyonce — Ripped Over Cuba Trip