Indian premier shocked and saddened by Temple shooting
NEW DELHI, – Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says he is shocked and saddened by the shooting attack that killed six people at a Sikh house of worship in the US
“That this senseless act of violence should be targeted at a place of religious worship is particularly painful,” said Singh, who is a member of the Sikh faith.
He said he hoped the authorities in the US would reach out to the victims’ families and work to prevent the recurrence of such violent acts.
Meanwhile, the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandhak Committee, the top Sikh religious body, said it would send a committee to meet Singh and India’s ambassador to the US to demand Sikhs be protected from future attacks.
In the northern city of Jammu, dozens of Sikhs gathered to protest against the shooting, shouting slogans and carrying placards that read: “Ban open sale of weapons in USA.” and “Shame Shame Shame”.
“It is very shocking. A country like the USA, which says it is a superpower, could not protect its own people,” said TS Ahluwalia, a marketing executive, as he walked into a Sikh temple in the Indian capital, New Delhi.
“To attack a religious place of any religion in the world is very bad,” he said.
- 1st Night US Release CLIP #1 (2013) – Sarah Brightman, Richard E. Grant Movie HD
- The Guillotines US Release TRAILER 1 (2013) – Action Movie HD
- New ‘Anchorman 2′ Photo — BOY, THIS ESCALATED QUICKLY
- Captain Phillips TRAILER 1 (2013) – Tom Hanks Somali Pirate Movie HD
- Michael Jackson — NEW Sexual Molestation Claim By Wade Robson
- TMZ Live: Shanna Moakler — Breastfeeding Ain’t for Me!
- Populaire US Release TRAILER 1 (2013) – Bérénice Bejo Movie HD
- Kendall Jenner — Major in Hotness, Minor in a Bikini
- Lynda Carter — 61-Year-Old Wonder Woman IS SUPER HOT
- Chozenn – HeadTop