Indonesia landslides killed eight people
LANDSLIDES triggered by heavy rains have killed eight people in Indonesia’s eastern Maluku province, a local official says.
“Eight people were killed in three different locations in Ambon city,” said Brory Tjokro, the city’s search and rescue chief, adding that a further two people were missing.
“Heavy rains that poured all night caused landslides in the locations. Ambon city was also flooded,” he said.
In June, three people were killed in the town when they were buried in a landslide caused by heavy rains.
Floods and landslides are common in Indonesia, which is prone to frequent bursts of heavy rain.
- George Lucas — Thanks Black People for ‘NCAA’ Award
- Rachel Uchitel Divorce — Rich People’s Problems
- Ben Affleck — I Got Serious White People Problems
- Jane Lynch — My Gay Marriage Is Over
- TMZ Live: Chad Johnson in Court — Screwed & Upstaged
- Lisa Vanderpump — British People Don’t Care for Oral Sex
- Aerosmith — Cancels Indonesia Concert After Bomb Scare
- T-Pain — Hey Stupid People … DON’T PROCREATE!
- Dana White — UFC Fighters Are NOT Violent People … Outside the Ring
- Pinky: I Get Nothing but Love from My Church People