NATO and United Nation what are they doing about Syria?
I was under the impression that part of United Nations mandates are as follows:
To deploy and maintain a presence in the key areas of potential volatility in order to promote the re-establishment of confidence, to discourage violence, in particular by deterring the use of force to threaten the political process, and to allow United Nations personnel to operate freel
To ensure the protection of civilians, including humanitarian personnel, under imminent threat of physical violence.
If the above is correct then why is Syria sliding into anarchy with hundreds of men women and children dying in an unprecedented manner every day. It seem rather farcical that we have an organisation that is suppose to protect the lives, liberty and freedom of individuals and yet there appear to be no concerted effort to intervene in the conflict in Syria and is just standing by whilst chaos and mayhem rule.
- Remembrance day remembering the sacrifice
- NATO base in Afghanistan hit by suicide truck bomb
- UK charged a British man with taking hostages in Syria
- Police investigate two in journalist kidnapping
- Tensions are growing after Turkey military vote
- Four Nigerian UN peacekeepers killed in Darfur
- Two car bombs exploded killing dozens in Syria
- 17 killed in Syria five children among the dead
- The West accused Iran of shipping arms to Syria
- UK, Denmark want NATO meeting on Afghan attacks