Nivea, Rihanna too naughty for family image
With her raunchy outfits, risque music and sexually suggestive image, Rihanna has frequently caused controversy.
Now the pop star has come under fire from an unlikely source one of her own sponsors. Nivea, which last year appointed her as one of its global ‘faces’, has admitted she is too sexy for its family image.
The 24-year-old singer appeared in a series of adverts for the beauty brand, which was a sponsor of her world tour last year. At the time Nivea proclaimed it was happy to be teaming up with an ‘icon’ and ‘music sensation’.
The multi-million-pound deal saw her pose naked as part of Nivea’s 100-year anniversary, and her song California King Bed, about a couple touching intimately, was used in its advertising campaign.
But in a dramatic admission, Stefan Heidenrich, the new chief executive of Nivea’s parent company Beiersdorf, confessed he felt she was the wrong choice.
“Rihanna is a no-go,” he told German newspaper Die Welt, saying that he did not understand how she fitted in with the core brand.
“Nivea is a company which stands for trust, family and reliability,” he added.
In 2010, when she appeared on The X Factor, there were 4,500 complaints about her risque performance on a family show.
- Kaylin Garcia Talks Sexy Image & Bisexuality
- The Green mile actor Michael Clarke Duncan dies at 54
- Elvis Presley memorabilia including undies go on sale
- US isn’t safe says Halle Berry in bid to move to France
- Batman’s Dark Knight Rises bump from No.1 by Bourne Legacy
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt not getting married this weekend
- ‘Take That’ Singer Gary Barlow and wife lose baby
- The charges against Cuba Gooding Jr has been dropped
- Decision on Michael Jackson’s children to be made by Court
- New Orleans police issue warrant for Cuba Gooding Jr