Sunday shopping in UK to be extended for Olympic Games
THE Olympics are bringing longer Sunday shopping hours to England.
Britain’s government says restrictions on Sunday trading hours will be lifted during the games to maximise the economic benefit that the Olympics will bring to the country.
Currently, British law stipulates that shops larger than 280 square meters can only open for six hours between 10am and 6pm on Sundays.
But Treasury chief George Osborne said many of the biggest Olympic events will be on a Sunday and he didn’t want millions of visitors to be turned away from closed shops.
The relaxation of the rules will only be for eight Sundays until the end of the Paralympic Games on September 9.
- GEORGE MICHAEL AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITAL
- George Michael — Airlifted to Hospital After Car Crash in UK
- Man of Steel UK SPOT – Aspire (2013) – Russell Crowe, Henry Cavill Movie HD
- Queen Elizabeth — And Speaking of Ninja Turtles …
- Natural Black embarks on UK leg tour
- P!nk — ‘KISS MY ASS’ … I Didn’t Fake Sick to Get Out of U.K. Concert
- After Earth UK SPOT – Refuge (2013) – Will Smith Post-Apocalyptic Movie HD
- The Conjuring Official UK Trailer (2013) – Patrick Wilson Horror Movie HD
- Much Ado About Nothing UK TRAILER 1 (2013) – Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker Movie HD
- Anthony B Cancels European Club Tour