Vybz Kartel Laywer Denies Bribing Witness Allegations
Jamaican law enforcement has accused Vybz Kartel of bribing a witness in his ongoing trial. However, Kartel‘s lawyer, Valerie Neita Robertson, says the allegations are false.
Speaking with Anthony Miller of Entertainment Report, Robertson says her investigation unveils that the police are lying.
“The statement was produced weeks after it was alleged that this thing happened,” Robertson says. “So there was no disclosure to the defense about this incident. And since then I have been to the prison and spoken to persons and that lead me to believe what is in that document is not true.”
Robertson says all Vybz Kartel is asking for is a fair trial.
Just last week the “Dancehall Hero” deejay released an open letter from behind bars accusing law enforcement officials of fabricating his entire case.
“Everything as it relates to my case is a fabrication, everything is fabricated,” Vybz Kartel wrote. “Don’t know whose corn I may have stepped on in the past but it is now coming back to haunt me.”
Vybz Kartel is calling on human rights organizations to intervene on his behalf.
Vybz Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, returns to court on May 27.
- Kartel did not ride jockey
- Vybz Kartel – Business (Raw) June 2013
- Was Kartel Smashing Chuck Fenda Baby Mother Georgina
- Prosecution Case Against Kartel Falling Apart
- Kartel’s second murder case stalled again
- No Bail For Kartel & Shawn Storm
- Kartel Was Trafficking Weapons Prior To Arrest, Says Prosecutors
- Shawn Storm was denied bail
- Kartel Optimistic He Will Be Free Despite Trial Delays
- Vybz Kartel – Georgina (Raw) Decibels Riddim – June 2013